Regardless of how much you would want to not lose your hair, at one point, you will suffer from hair loss. It could be because of old age, genes, hormones, or other external factors. Fortunately, we are living in a modern era where there is an abundance of solutions that are available for hair loss and hair growth, including laser devices.
In the rest of this post, I will help you to choose the best laser hair growth device. I will identify some of the top picks that are available and briefly discuss some of the reasons why they are notable. To make this article more valuable, I will also tackle how a laser device works and the essential considerations in finding the best one.
How Does Laser Help Grow Hair?
These devices make use of low-level laser therapy, which is a painless and non-invasive treatment procedure. Depending on the product that will be used, the process can be performed even at home and in the absence of an intervention from a medical professional. It will provide stimulation to the follicles, allowing it to grow longer and thicker hair.
A low-level light therapy device has the ability to produce only five milliwatts. This is a small amount, and hence, it is incapable of producing heat upon making contact on the skin. This is as against the traditional lasers that are more powerful, and hence, they can easily become hot.
According to several studies that have been conducted in the past, a low-level light will be absorbed by the cells. This will improve cellular activity, which, in turn, can encourage the growth of new hair. It makes the cells more active, despite the fact that they are already aging.
If you are not convinced of the effectiveness of laser devices to encourage hair growth, it is good to know that several clinical studies have supported that they can indeed bring favorable outcomes. Both in males and females, it is effective while offering a number of other benefits, such as not experiencing any adverse effects.
- Painless: When you hear of laser treatment, you might instantly think of pain. The good news is that there is no pain and discomfort that is associated in any way with its use.
- Can be Used at Home: Laser devices might look complicated at first, but they are actually designed for home use in the absence of professional intervention.
- Many of the laser devices for hair loss are expensive, making it an option that is not financially-viable for most users.
What to Look for in Laser Hair Growth Devices?
As you try to create a list of the top choices and narrow down the possibilities, these are some of the most important things that you have to consider:
- Type: Generally speaking, you will have two choices – helmet or comb. Helmets or caps are simply placed on the top of your head and activated for the light to work. With a comb, on the other hand, more effort will be required on your end as you will have to comb it through your hair.
- Ease of Use: For sure, no one would want a laser device that is complicated to use. See to it that you can operate it in a manner that is straightforward. The manufacturer must also provide comprehensive instructions on how to use their hair growth products.
- Safety and Effectiveness: When choosing from the laser hair growth devices that are available, it will also be good to look for one that is FDA-cleared, doctor-tested, and clinically-tested. This means that the product has been thoroughly evaluated to make sure that it will deliver the anticipated results without adverse effects.
- Extent of the Problem: The severity of your hair loss will also determine which device will work best for your needs. Keep in mind that it will work only when there are still signs of follicles.
- Warranty: To get the most out of the device that you will purchase, it is also important to make sure that it has an extensive warranty coverage. You must be able to return it to the manufacturer when it proves to be defective and they must offer free repair or replacement.
Laser is indeed one of the most technologically-advanced solutions that promise to be effective for hair growth. The initial cost can be quite high, but the good thing is that it can deliver favorable results in a manner that is painless. They are also easy to use, even in the comfort of your own home and without the need to be supervised by a medical professional.